Demonstration of Collaboration: An Easy, Quick Local Digital Infrastructure (LDI) Deployment Model
Lattice is working to facilitate the US expansion of high-speed information network development by providing jurisdictions with a foundation of governance, utility and opportunity
Lattice Industries, Inc., (Lattice) a woman-owned small business, based and operating in Wilmington, Delaware, has teamed up with global digital infrastructure experts to demonstrate a self-sustaining, quickly deployable, safe and securely scalable, local digital infrastructure framework. As experts in institutional information transaction networking, Lattice and its partners will show how the SEED™ (Systematic Entry Enterprise Deployment) agnostic network node system can be used as a national digital network roll-out model. This fully redundant node system backbone will leapfrog American connectivity efforts and build a sustainable solution that reaches the last digitally unserved citizen.
The Planting the SEED™: A Smart-City-in-A-Box demonstration project will commence this summer in Wilmington, Delaware. The demonstration will showcase how a SEED™ network node system can act as a starter kit for developing smart jurisdictions. With an integrated advanced and wireless mesh network node system, the SEED™ acts as an intelligent digital transaction hub with operational capacity to facilitate institutional-sized, immutable commoditized data contracts (iCDCs™) which can propel the economics of the targeted geographic area. This pilot will showcase the success factors needed to make this a sustainable solution to quickly and easily connect the digitally underserved, low-income, and in need of economic development communities, such as Wilmington’s East Side.
The SEED™ system is a foundational affordable, multi-level high-speed network interchange node and co-location data management services operation. The SEED™ is designed to scale in operations as a public-private special purpose entity (SPV) as needed. This agnostic, membership-based platform will support high-speed connectivity for retail as well as commercial use, the SEED™ itself becomes a source for critical smart city / smart jurisdiction metadata with advanced machine learning capabilities. The system is designed to benefit the needs of the public by providing the marketplace for industry to engage and transact information from their decentralized blockchain solutions. This core network architecture can support the largest institutional data stakeholders’ business strategies while ensuring that the smallest data stakeholders are protected and provided affordable vital high-speed connectivity services potentially payable by their government-issued electronic benefit transfer (EBT) cards.
Wilmington, Delaware: SEED™ Demonstration Project
Phase I: Demonstration and Feasibility Study (Summer 2022)
1. Multi-Tiered Mesh Antenna Network
2. Wireless Internet Service Provider (WISP)
3. Wireless EdgeNet Service Provider (WESP)
4. Edge Processing for Data Capture/Processing Services
5. Data-As-A-Commodity (DaaC™) Exchange, iCDC™ Clearinghouse and Member Connectivity Services
Phase II: Institutional Members (Public Member Priority) and the Delaware Data Exchange ™ (Spring 2023)
1. Public Data Management and Reporting – Public Members Only
2. Institutional Trading and Exchange Services
2. Tier IV Data Segregated Storage Space – 3D Printed Architecture
3. iCDC™ Contract Management, Clearing and Settlement
Public / Non-Profit Support:
- City of Wilmington, Delaware
- The Strategic Infrastructure Performance Institute (SIPI)
SBIR Pending Proposals/Awards
- AFWERX SBIR Phase I – Awarded
- NIST SBIR Phase I – Submitted/Pending
Private Industry Partners / Supporters:
- Options Clearing Corporation (OCC) (Commodity Clearinghouse)
- NTT Corporation (Global Data Management)
- Data Shelter, Inc. (Tier IV Data Center Designers/Operators)
- EDJX Inc. (Edge Operating Systems)
- Flash Labs, Inc. (Smart City and Data Exchange Platforms)
- Mavericks Microgrids, Inc. (Microgrid / Green Financing)
For more information on this project, please contact the Lattice’s Government & Public Relations Director. Kim Trupiano, email@example.com to schedule an appointment.
What is SEED?
Systematic Entry Enterprise Deployment is the local digital infrastructure starter kit for Smart Cities that establishes common rules of engagement in this digital economy by creating standards for realizing equitable value from data, similar to the way physical commodities have driven the older economy.
What is ICDC?
Immutable Commoditized Data Contract that includes four characteristics:
- Immutable – once created and released to the marketplace, it cannot be altered during its lifespan.
- Indemnified – underwritten by the exchange platform’s policy framework set forth by the exchange platform’s governing body.
- Regularized – integrated with government privacy and protection regulation as well as Exchange-created member and marketplace rules.
- Digitally Exchangeable – using integrated cryptographic mechanisms will provide online suitability determinations.
The iCDC™ is legal binding contract that will protect institutional members and outline rules of engagement between data suppliers and consumers when sharing access to authorized datasets. These contracts will enable secure, real-time, efficient data delivery transactions based on standardized terms for delivery through a regional, self-regulated, centralized clearing and processing system.